Goddard School Pre-K and Kindergarten Graduates are Eligible for a $10,000 College Scholarship.
The Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship
The Anthony A. Martino Memorial Scholarship is a scholarship of $10,000 for the 2014-2015 academic year awarded to a senior in high school who graduated from The Goddard School®. This scholarship is awarded to a graduate who demonstrates the work ethic and perseverance that exemplified Martino's commitment to his career, family and community.
Scholarship RULES AND Criteria:
- Applicant must be a graduate of a Goddard School Pre-Kindergarten and/or Kindergarten program. Goddard Systems, Inc. may verify the information provided by the applicant.
- Applicant must be a high school senior who is a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident or a non-U.S. citizen living legally in the United States.
- Applicant must provide one 30- to 120-second video addressing the question, “How did your Goddard School experience influence your career path/education?” Videos longer than 120 seconds will not be eligible for consideration and the application related to them will be considered incomplete. Videos should be uploaded with the completed application.
- The written essay and video submitted with each application must be the original work of the applicant, and may not contain the work, including the intellectual property, of others (including non-original music).
- Applicant must submit a transcript from all high schools attended with his/her application. Transcripts must indicate a cumulative GPA.
- A completed Scholarship Application must be submitted online by February 1, 2014. Applications that are not complete (completed and signed application, essay, video and transcript(s)) by February 1, 2014 will not be considered. Scholarship Applications can be emailed to Scholarships@GoddardSystems.com or mailed to ATTN: Scholarship, Goddard Systems, Inc., 1016 West Ninth Ave, King of Prussia, PA 19403. Applicant should notify Goddard Systems, Inc. promptly if any of the information submitted on or with the application changes after submission. /li>
- The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of funds available and applicant eligibility. Awards are for one year only.
- Applicants must use the Scholarship to attend an accredited college or university, including vocational and technical training, and associates and bachelor’s degree programs. The Scholarship is offered for study/training at an accredited institution of the recipient’s choice.
- Relatives of Goddard Systems, Inc. employees or franchisees and/or any Goddard School employees are not eligible.
- The Scholarship finalists will be selected based on academic record, participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, expressed goals and aspirations and the video submitted. Financial need is not considered. Decisions of the Scholarship Committee relating to the selection are final, and information relating to the Committee’s evaluation of any particular Applicant will be confidential. Applicant agrees to accept the final decision of the Scholarship Committee.
- The Scholarship recipient selection will be made without regard to race, age, gender, religion, political beliefs, employment status or any other factor which could constitute unfair or illegal discrimination.
- The finalists for the Scholarship will be selected and notified on or before March 1, 2014 and posted on Goddard System, Inc.’s social media accounts. The recipient will be selected and announced on or before March 15, 2014. Only one recipient will be selected.
- The application and all parts of the application package submitted will not be returned to applicant.
- Goddard Systems, Inc. reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this Scholarship and to make changes at any time including termination of the Scholarship.