- Construction paper in fall colors
- A paper plate
- A glue stick
- String or yarn to hang the wreath
- Cut out the inside of the paper plate so that the outer ring is left.
- Have your child tear up pieces of construction paper.
- Help your child glue the pieces of construction paper around the paper plate, and talk about the difference between a mosaic, where the pieces of paper don’t touch one another, and a collage, where they can overlap.
- Once the glue is dry, tie yarn or string around the top of the plate to hang it up.